Saturday, December 26, 2015

Red Ribbon & Blessings

Today, as we put away our Christmas decorations and I began unwinding the red ribbon from around our tree, I was reminded of how far the Lord has brought us in just 2 year's time; how good & faithful the Father has been to us.

Today, as the kids helped take off the ornaments from our tree, breaking a few more balls of our already small collection, I think back to that same year as I had to pass on the post Christmas sales of new glass ornaments.

Just 2 years ago, I remember standing in the aisle of Hobby Lobby with that same ribbon in my hand as we frustratingly made a decision whether a purchase of $13 was too much to add a little beauty to our Christmas tree. This small, simple purchase was causing unnecessary tension. I didn't know the extent of this confrontational purchase until we finished buying Christmas gifts for our kids and family (not big purchases, might I add).

That December in 2013, I remember a week I was staying at my parent's house with the kids while my husband was away on a month long work trip and one night crying on the phone as we frustratingly argued about taking back Christmas gifts. He had just informed me we had $500 left in our account after the mortgage hit.

For anyone who knows us, we don't live extravagant lives. We purposefully live a debt free lifestyle (outside our 15 year mortgage & just completed paying off Esther's NICU bills). We live on a pretty tight budget so that I have the privilege of staying home to raise our kids; a decision we both agreed on before the surprise of our Honeymoon twins. I don't even own a smart phone and we always shop at Aldi if that gives you a better idea of our lifestyle.

We aren't ones to live paycheck to paycheck and like to have the appropriate Dave Ramsey suggested amount of emergency fund set aside into savings, so I knew this was bad....

Taking us all the way back to about a month before the twins were born, we went to a birthday party of one of our dear friends. We were more blessed than the birthday boy himself as everyone asked if they could gather around us to pray as we were about to start our new journey of little ones. The Lord gave a word (among others) that 'we would never go without.'

Today, I think back on that promise and how we indeed have never gone without. We never went without when my husband lost his job shortly after the twins were born. So much so, the very first day of my husband's current job, was the same day his severance pay ran out from his previous employer. What a praise of the Lord intertwining everything together for us. We never missed a beat.

Today, I think how this year He has blessed us immensely. He has not only provided for every one of our needs, but He has put into our hands so many of our wants...so much blessing to include the extra budget to finally remodel our home. Woot!

This year, we stepped out in faith to register our twins for preschool two days a week to begin preparing for Kindergarten. The Lord provided the exact extra amount we needed each month in our budget for their schooling with my husband's merit increase this year.

My husband also received a job promotion this year, which included a company car. We sold my 2009 Honda which is helping fund our home remodel. :) And saving us a good chuck on car insurance, maintenance, and gas expenses.

Today, I don't have to think twice about running out to get those ornaments on sale to replace our not so kid proofed decor or also adding some new storage containers for the holiday toy-nado that has just invaded our home.

Today, we have been sooooooo blessed!
We have such a good, good Father.
He holds our needs in His hands.


0 comments:

Post a Comment